Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pun With Trailers: Volume Animated Jewish Spies

      That's right. I'm bringing this back. And why not? It was a lot of fun, I've got a lot to say about movie trailers and I can't remember the reason I stopped. So, here we go again. Unless I remember why I stopped. Now, this time around, I won't be posting the trailers here, but just search for them on the YouTube and you'll find them. I personally like Movieclips Trailers...



This Is Where I Leave You
Director: Shawn Levy
Writer: Jonathan Tropper
Cast: Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Rose Byrne

      Comedies are always a hard one to judge in trailers. Overall, this one looks like it could be a funny one, especially in the drought of September. The cast is certainly good. Bateman, Fey and Byrne already all look great and the rest of the cast looks pretty solid too. The trailer is a little sappy though. I mean, it looks like nothing special and you can already probably guess the endings. Plus, Levy isn't the greatest director out there, though recently he has stepped up his game a bit. Overall, I'd said wait until we can see more about it, but I'm cautiously optimistic. This Is Where I Leave You comes out on September 12, 2014.


Big Hero 6
Directors: Don Hall, Chris Willaims
Writers: Don Hall, Jordan Roberts
Cast: T.J. Miller, Maya Rudolph, Jamie Chung

      Yeah, I'm sold. Look, it might not be much, but already it seems as if Disney is doing what they did with Frozen. An animated little, little short showing off some of the characters in the cutest way possible. Not only is the short itself surprisingly funny (The thing and it's ball... thing), but it's the little touches that make it great. The animation is awesome, a great mix of Disney's 3-D animation and the Marvel Comic the film is based on. Already establishing the relationship between these two characters is smart too. And that music is just awesome. Perfectly superhero. I have high hopes for this one. Big Hero 6 is released on November 7, 2014.


Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Writers: Matthew Vaughn, Jane Goldman
Cast: Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Samuel L. Jackman

      Looks great. I mean, did you honestly expect anything less from Matthew Vaughn? The concept, essentially Hogwarts, but for little James Bonds, is just awesome and the trailer sells it. Firth looks bad-ass and the action looks great. Plus, the film looks to go to the extreme, with missing parachutes, lighter grenades and even rooms with water in them. The height of cool. And sure, the new title's not great, but the switch to subtitle means the studio seems to have hopes for a franchise already. And that never fails! Kingsmen: The Secret Service is coming out on October 24, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment