Saturday, August 3, 2013

Television Won: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Welcome to Hellmouth/The Harvest"

      Yes, I'm bringing this back. It's not entirely going to replace Cartoons Won. Television Won will be a new whenever-the-hell-I-feel-like-it feature son Cinema Won. Maybe I'll review a special episode of a show, a whole season, a whole series or just talk about weird things on TV like that new ABC Family show where people try to spell words while being electrocuted. To kick things off, I actually use Netflix Instant for what it's for and I'm going to rotate through several TV shows. Starting with Buffy, because Joss Whedon.




Duuuuuuuuh.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: "Welcome to Hellmouth/The Harvest"

      Buffy has been a show I been meaning to get around to ever since I got Netflix Instant. About 2 years ago. Yeah, I'm not great with timing. All I really knew going into this show was that is was by Joss Whedon, was a popular show on The WB and had a killer theme song. And I can safely say that many people claims that it's one of the best TV shows ever are pretty solid. Having watched only the first two episodes, I'm already kinda hooked. The two-parter, present as one two-hour episode, follows Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) as she travels to a new school, where she makes friends with Xander (Nicholas Brendon), Willow (Alyson Hannigan) and Giles (Anthony Stewart Head) as they try to prevent vampires from opening a portal to Hell. Yeah, I do get why people like this show so much. While I can't say I'm crazy about the story, it is only the pilot, so I really can't complain. And, while many of the leads are good, the acting is a bit spotty and the show has aged a bit. But, it's still a lot of fun, very funny and exciting. So, I'll keep watching it and reviewing it as well. I sense good things in this shows future. Mainly because I lasted 7 seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment