Friday, April 26, 2013

Pun With Trailers: Week of April 19 to April 26 2013

This week, Thor goes dark, games become films and join Oozma Kappa!

 
 
Romeo and Juliet (2013) Trailer 1: Ugh. Again? Did we really need another, completely direct adaptation of Romeo and Juliet? Seriously? What, were the other 20 times not good enough? I mean, sure, it's cool to see great actors in it and Steinfeld is perfect for Juliet, but what's the point? We've all heard this story before, so why do it without changing things up? Say what you will about Gnomeo and Juliet, but at least that was fairly original. Romeo and Juliet has yet to get a US release date, but it will be released in the UK on July 26, 2013.
 
 
Thor: The Dark World Trailer 1: Awesome. Count me in. I mean, I already was in, but know I'm in even more. I personally think that Thor gets a bad rap and think that so far, the sequel seems to be even better. Looks like it will be heavily set in Asgard, this time with Portman's Jane along for the trip. Also, she's probably not making it out of this film alive. I like how the kept Loki hidden until the end, and using him as a sort-of Hannibal Lecter character is a great idea. Overall, strong trailer, but would like to learn more later on. Thor: The Dark World is released on November 8, 2013.
 
 
Ratchet and Clank Announcemnt Trailer: Wow. It's not often that a movie trailer suprises me, but I had NO idea that this was being made. I'm not the biggest fan of the Ratchet and Clank games, but I do like the characters and the universe so I am totally *ahem* game for this movie. The trailer isn't completely funny (Fist pumping is so 2011), but I feel like an animated movie probably has a better chance of being good in terms of video game movies, so overall I'm pretty excited for a movie I didn't know existed untill 3 days ago. Ratchet and Clank is released in theaters in 2015.
 
 
The Bling Ring Trailer 2: It's nice to see Watson in a role unlike ones she's done before. She's clearly not a nice guy and the group of characters are clearly not totally nice people. The story is very interesting and the movie seems like it's delivering on telling the story well. That said, hopefully having your main characters being stuck-up, arrogant teenage theives won't be, you know, utterly annoying. We can only hope. The Bling Ring is released on June 14, 2013.
 
 
Monsters University Trailer 3: Okay. Just a quick one here. Still loks great. Best trailer so far for this film. The idea is great and this trailer reveals more of the awesome humor and the story. Look closely and you'll see some nods to the first film (Sully going through a door and the clean-up yellow duited guy), which is interesting to see, seeing as how the first film revealed that everything the characters are going to school for in this film was a lie. Looks great and I can't wait for it to come out. Monsters University is released on June 21, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment