Sunday, March 3, 2013

Leaked Script for "Taken 3"*

*It's not.



INT. INTERROGATION ROOM- NIGHT.

In the darkly lit interrogation room a man sits, handcuffed to the table. He is sweating, breathing heavily.

Across from him, a DETECTIVE stands. Quietly, he lights a CIGAR and smokes it. He walks up to the table, where he turns on a DESK LAMP and shines it directly into the SWEATING man’s face.

We see he is ROBERT MARK KAMEN, screenwriter of the 2012 action film TAKEN 2, previous writer the TRANSPORTER series.

In a deep, GRAVELY voice the Detective looks Kamen directly in the eyes and says. Kinda like Christian Bale’s BATMAN but with his mouth not open like an idiot.
DETECTIVE
Where is he?

Kamen responds in a fearful, CRACKING voice. Kinda like Ben from THE WALKING DEAD video game.

KAMEN
Who? Where is who? What do you want?

DETECTIVE
You know who I want.

KAMEN
I don’t know who you want!

The Detective slams a FIST hard onto the desk. Kinda like when Leonardo DiCaprio slammed his fist down in DJANGO UNCHAINED, and he actually cut his hand up but kept acting in that scene. Seriously, why wasn’t he nominated for Best Supporting Actor?

DETECTIVE
(Shouting)
I want your boss. I want Olivier Megaton,
the director of TAKEN 2 as well as the 2010
film COLOMBIANA!

Kamen panics and starts to cry. What a wuss.
KAMEN
(Between sobs)
I can’t tell you, man!
He’ll make me write TAKEN 3!

DETECTIVE
(Still shouting)
That’s what we’re trying to avoid.
No wants wants to see TAKEN 3.

KAMEN
Do you think that will stop him?
Luc Besson, famed French action
director of the original TAKEN
is still out there too.

The Detective grabs the lamp and throws it across the room, SHATTERING it. However, seeing as how we need lighting in this room, film this scene last so we can keep the lamp of the desk until the scene is over.

DETECTIVE
Do you think I don’t know that?
We can’t touch him, he’s too beloved.
I mean, if we could get him to stop making film’s
after LOCKOUT do you really think we can
stop him now!

KAMEN
I won’t tell you.

The Detective sighs. He UNCUFFS Kamen and lifts him up out of his chair.

KAMEN
What are you doing?

DETECTIVE
If you won’t tell me know,
maybe you’ll want to after
you see all the damage you two
have caused.

KAMEN
You don’t mean...

The Detective cuts Kamen off.

DETECTIVE
Yes, Mr. Kamen.
You are about to be...
TAKEN!

EXT. SAN FRANCISCO STREET- DAY

Shots of San Francisco are used, reminding the viewer that, yes, America is the greatest country in the world. The Detective gets out of a car and pulls Kamen out after him. They are outside Famke Janssen, of X-MEN and I SPY fame, house from TAKEN 2.

KAMEN
Why did you take me here?

DETECTIVE
To show you what could have
been Mr. Kamen.

Kamen looks confused at The Detective. Make sure Kamen really shows that he's confused. Chewing scenery is never a bad thing.

KAMEN
What do you mean?

DETECTIVE
The first half hour of
TAKEN 2 was surprisingly strong!

KAMEN
Excuse me?

DETECTIVE
You heard me. Bryan Mills, 
played by LIAM NESSON,
star of THE A-TEAM and THE GREY,
had good chemistry with his ex-wife
and daughter, played by Maggie Grace,
from LOCKOUT and LOST and the
scenes were well written.

Kamen is shocked. The Detective pants heavily, like Tyler Perry in Alex Cross.

KAMEN
You mean...

DETECTIVE
Yes. I thought the first half
hour of the movie was good
and if it had stayed that quality
it would have be a worthy sequel.

KAMEN
So why did you take me?

DETECTIVE
(Shouting)
Because you ruined it.


It started out great. The idea
to have the families of the people
Mills killed in the first TAKEN
movie was smart and interesting
We rarely see the consequences of'
the crimes an action hero commits.
But then, the plot kicked in...

EXT. ISTANBUL ROOFTOPS- DAY

The Detective and Kamen are standing on some rooftops in Istanbul. The are over looking the city. Ominous chanting music is played, symbolically showing that foreign countries are terrifying.

DETECTIVE
This is where it all fell part.
Do you remember this place,
Mr. Kamen?

KAMEN
No, not really.

DETECTIVE
This is where you had
Maggie Grace throw grenades
off of roofs. For echolocation.
Grenades. For. Echolocation.
Seriously, what the hell?

KAMEN
We thought it be a cool,
bad-ass thing for the daughter
to do.

DETECTIVE
No. It was stupid.
That's not even how
echolocation works. He'd be
about a km away, not 4.5 km.

Kamen starts to freak out, like he's having a panic attack or something. I mean, who cares right?

KAMEN
I don't believe.

DETECTIVE
Believe it! And what's worst
is the fact that this take up
about 20 minutes of runtime.
This movie feels so short. I mean,
the entire action, from when Mills is
kidnapped to when he beats the
bad guy takes what? 4 hours, 
maybe 5 hours.

KAMEN
What are you saying?

DETECTIVE
I'm saying, this is why I want
Megaton. You and him somehow
made an action movie sequel
where the story is actually
competent, but the action is terrible.
Mills escapes from impossible
situations with no explanation.
His daughter gets into a car
chase when she hasn't even passed
her drivers exam. Grenades.
For. Echolocation.

KAMEN
I still won't talk.

DETECTIVE
Good, I have one more
place to take you to.

INT. BATH HOUSE- DAY

This is the bath house from the end of the movie. What? Why should I care about this movie if it's only being made for money? I just got my paycheck. I'm done. Why should I care if this is a good movie or not? I can seriously just write whatever i want and no one would care. Ryan Reynolds was a great Deadpool. Bane was the best Batman villain. The Walking Dead is still fresh and original. I can't wait for Alex Cross 2: Don't Cross His Heart.

KAMEN
Why are we here?

DETECTIVE
Because I need a climax
and this is an obvious boss arena.

KAMEN
Say what you are going to say.
It won't matter.

DETECTIVE
What? All I was going to
say is that, despite a strong story
and opening, TAKEN 2 suffers from
stupid action that's directed so poorly
I not even sure I was watching
Liam Nesson. On top of that,
the film runs out of steam at the end
making it boring and it feels much shorter
than it actually is. If I were a film critic that
reviews things on a scale of one to six
I'd give TAKEN 2 two stars out of six.

KAMEN
So?

DETECTIVE
But, now, I suddenly realize that
revenge is pointless. It helps no one
and it would only cause trouble. If I killed
Megaton, I'd ruin my career, my family,
my life. I don't care were he is. You can go.

KAMEN
It's actually funny, because Megaton
is actually right over there.

Kamen points at MEGATON, who is sitting in the corner. The Detective pulls out a gun and kills Megaton.

KAMEN
(Shocked)
I thought you said you weren't
going to kill him.

DETECTIVE
Eh. I changed my mind. Again.

Kamen runs out of the room. Despite the piles of evidence against him, The Detective goes home to his family and lives happily ever after drinking milkshakes on a pier.

FIN

2 comments:

  1. This was great! I known WANT to see Taken 2 (not to mention Alex Cross, which I had planned to avoid). Is the director really named "Megaton"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes his name is Megaton. His next film is a documentary about how he plans to take over the world!

      Delete