Monday, June 27, 2011

Return of the Mini-Reviews

I am still on vacation untill the end of the week, but I've got a computer long enough to give my thoughts on 2 movies, starting with:

SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE
If you were thinking of passing up this movie and filing it as just another lame romantic comedy, that you sir and/or madam, are a fool. She's Out of My League is a very funny comedy boosted by one of the most likable cast in a long time. The comedy works because the cast is funny and the film thankfully stays away from resting mainly on gross-out jokes. The romance is believeable as well because the lead actually feel like they would fall in love. Overall, an above-average romantic comedy with a great cast. 4.5 out of 6.

DATE NIGHT
If you were going to pass off this movie as just another cliched action-comedy, then you... are correct actually. Date Night plays through every action-comedy cliche in the book, and it doesn't do it particularlly well with them. The film is just not funny. The cast looks like they are actually trying, but the material they are given is subpar at best. The only funny scene is near the with a NYC cab driver. Overall, while the cast is trying, Date Night just is not funny. 2 out of 6.

I know 2 reviews aren't a lot, but when I return from my vacation, I will have new Cinema Wins and Cinema Sins, reviews of Super 8 and the Tron films and I will introduce an all-new series.

See You Later

No comments:

Post a Comment